WHO ARE WE?
WHAT INFORMATION WILL WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We will only collect information from you that is relevant to the matter that we are dealing with. In particular we may collect the following information from you which is defined as ‘personal data’:
- personal details
- family details
- goods and services
- financial details
- business of the person whose personal information we are processing
- education and employment details
We may also collect information that is referred to as being in a ‘special category’. This could include:
- physical or mental health details
- racial or ethnic origin
- political opinions
- religious or other beliefs
- trade union membership
- offences and alleged offences
- criminal proceedings, outcomes and sentences
THE LEGAL BASIS FOR THE COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF DATA?
Any or all of the following may provide the legal basis for the collection and processing of data:
- processing is necessary for the performance of the contract for legal advice between us
- processing is necessary for the performance of any contract of employment between us
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation which we are subject to
- you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data for the specific purpose of your instructions to us
- processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests
HOW WILL WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Examples of how we may use your information include:
- Administering any accounts
- Processing your bank/credit card details in order to obtain payment
- The prevention and detection of fraud
- Credit reference checks
- Legal compliance
WHO WILL WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
Under our Code of Conduct there are very strict rules about who we can share your information with and this will normally be limited to other people who will assist with your matter. This may include:
- family, associates or representatives of the person whose personal data we are processing
- current, past or prospective employers
- educators and examining bodies
- healthcare professionals, social and welfare organisations
- business associates
- trade associations and professional bodies
- suppliers and service providers
- ombudsman and regulatory authorities
- employment and recruitment agencies
- complainants, enquirers
- financial organisations
- debt collection and tracing agencies
- credit reference agencies
- courts and tribunals
- central government
- law enforcement agencies
Where you authorise us we may also disclose your information to your family, associates or representatives we reserve the right to refuse to do so if we form the view that it is not in your interests to do so. We will also not continue to communicate with authorised third parties where they behave in a manner we deem inappropriate.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
We will keep your information throughout the period of time that act for you and afterwards for a period of at least six years as we are required to do by law.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
You have a series of rights under the General Data Protection Regulation including the right to access a copy of the information we hold about you. Further information on this issue can be obtained from Steve Cole.
WHO CAN YOU COMPLAIN TO IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY ABOUT WHAT WE HAVE DONE WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
If you are unhappy about how we are using your information then initially you should contact the Data Protection Compliance Officer (Steve Cole and if your complaint remains unresolved then you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, details available at www.ico.org.uk
When you visit our website your browser sends details of your IP (Internet Protocol) address, and sometimes a web address which will identify organisations visiting the site, together with the date and time and other information about your browser and operating system. We, and those who maintain our website records, use this information to evaluate how our website is used.
If you complete a form or send us an email from the website, you will be sending us personal data and we will store and use it only for the purpose apparent from the form or email and for any other purposes for which you give your consent.
In our Blog areas on the website we post regular updates and articles of interest. You can also ask us Questions about our services.